This week’s blog is a little off my usual beat, but in the current climate, I think it’s a good choice. This is a 75 minute podcast, prepared by Robert Frederick of American Scientist, of a panel discussion held at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science this past month.
The panelists were:
- Lewis Branscomb, University of California, San Diego
- John Holdren, former director, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Jane Lubchenco, Oregon State University
- Amy Luers, Skoll Global Threats Fund
- Gretchen Goldman, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Andrew Rosenberg, Union of Concerned Scientists (moderator)
You can also read the transcript at http://www.americanscientist.org/blog/pub/defending-science-and-scientific-integrity-in-the-age-of-trump.